(From International Standard Bible Encyclopedia)
zik'-ri (zikhri, meaning uncertain):
(1) Levites: (a) grandson of Kohath (Exodus 6:21, where some the King James Version editions read wrongly, "Zithri"); (b) an Asaphite (I Chronicles 9:15), called "Zabdi" in Nehemiah 11:17, where the Septuagint's Codex Alexandrinus has Zechri = Zichri, but the Septuagint's Codex Vaticanus other names; see ZABDI, (4); (c) a descendant of Eliezer (I Chronicles 26:25).
(2) Benjamites: (a) I Chronicles 8:19; (b) I Chronicles 8:23; (c) I Chronicles 8:27; (d) Nehemiah 11:9.
(3) Father of Eliezer, who was one of David's tribal princes (I Chronicles 27:16).
(4) Father of Amasiah, "who willingly offered himself unto Yahweh" (II Chronicles 17:16).
(5) Father of Elishaphat, a captain in Jehoiada's time (II Chronicles 23:1).
(6) "A mighty man of Ephraim," who when fighting under Pekah slew the son of Ahaz, the king of Judah (II Chronicles 28:7).
(7) A priest in the days of Joiakim (Nehemiah 12:17); the section, Nehemiah 12:14-21, is omitted by the Septuagint's Codex Vaticanus with the exception of "of Maluchi" (Nehemiah 12:14); Lucian has Zacharias.
David Francis Roberts
Look up 'Zichri' in
Easton's Bible Dictionary
Hitchcock's Bible Name
DISCLAIMER: Church of the Great God provides these resources to aid the individual in studying the Bible. However, it is up to the individual to "prove all things, and hold fast to that which is good" (I Thessalonians 5:21). The content of these resources does not necessarily reflect the views of CGG. They are provided for information purposes only.