Jacob's life, ending in serenity and blessing, testifies to the power of God to transform character. His spiritual progress has six notable phases:
(1) the first exercise of faith, as shown in the purchase of the birthright Genesis 25:28-34; 27:10-22.
(2) the vision at bethel Genesis 28:10-19.
(3) walking in the flesh Genesis 29:1-31:55.
(4) the transforming experience Genesis 32:24-31.
(5) the return to Bethel: idols put away Genesis 35:1-7.
(6) the walk of faith Genesis 37:1-49:33.
Other Scofield entries containing Genesis 49:28:
DISCLAIMER: Church of the Great God (CGG) provides these resources to aid the individual in studying the Bible. However, it is up to the individual to "prove all things, and hold fast to that which is good" (I Thessalonians 5:21). The content of these resources does not necessarily reflect the views of CGG. They are provided for information purposes only.