sat down with the twelve
The order of events on the night of the Passover supper appears to have been:
(1) The taking by our Lord and the disciples of their places at the table;
(2) the contention who should be greatest;
(3) the feet washing;
(4) the identification Judas as the traitor;
(5) the withdrawal of Judas;
(6) the institution of the supper;
(7) the words of Jesus while still in the room Matthew 26:26-29; Luke 22:35-38; John 13:3-35; Matthew 14:1-31
(8) the words of Jesus between the room and the garden Matthew 26:31-35; Mark 14:26-31; John 15:16,17 it seems probable that the high-priestly prayer John 17:1-26 was uttered after they reached the garden;
(9) the agony in the garden;
(10) the betrayal and arrest;
(11) Jesus before Caiaphas; Peter's denial.
Other Scofield entries containing Matthew 26:20:
DISCLAIMER: Church of the Great God (CGG) provides these resources to aid the individual in studying the Bible. However, it is up to the individual to "prove all things, and hold fast to that which is good" (I Thessalonians 5:21). The content of these resources does not necessarily reflect the views of CGG. They are provided for information purposes only.