The order of our Lord's appearances would seem to be: On the day of his resurrection:
(1) To Mary Magdalene John 10:14-18.
(2) To the women returning from the tomb with angelic message Matthew 28:8-10.
(3) To Peter, probably in the afternoon Luke 24:34; I Corinthians 15:5.
(4) To the Emmaus disciples toward evening Luke 24:13-31.
(5) To the apostles, except Thomas Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-24. Eight days afterward:
(1) to the apostles, Thomas being present John 20:24-29. In Galilee: (1a) To the seven by the Lake of Tiberias John 21:1-23.
(2) On a mountain, to the apostles and five hundred brethren I Corinthians 15:6. At Jerusalem and Bethany again:
(1) To James I Corinthians 15:7.
(2) To the eleven Matthew 28:16-20; Mark 16:14-20; Luke 24:33-53; Acts 1:3-12.
(1) Near Damascus Acts 9:3-6; I Corinthians 15:8
(2) In the temple Acts 22:17-21; 23:11.
To Stephen outside Jerusalem Acts 7:55.
To John on Patmos Revelation 1:10-19.
Other Scofield entries containing Matthew 28:9:
DISCLAIMER: Church of the Great God (CGG) provides these resources to aid the individual in studying the Bible. However, it is up to the individual to "prove all things, and hold fast to that which is good" (I Thessalonians 5:21). The content of these resources does not necessarily reflect the views of CGG. They are provided for information purposes only.