The meaning of Azarel in the Bible
(From International Standard Bible Encyclopedia)
az'-a-rel 'azarel, "God is helper"; the King James Version reads Azareel in numbers 1-5, Azarael in number 6):
(1) A Korahite who entered the army of David at Ziklag (I Chronicles 12:6).
(2) A musician in the temple appointed by lot; son of Heman (I Chronicles 25:18; compare Uzziel, I Chronicles 25:4).
(3) A captain of the tribe of Dan. in the service of David (I Chronicles 27:22).
(4) One of those who had "strange wives," a son of Bani (Ezra 10:41).
(5) The father of Amashai, a priest who dwelt in Jerusalem after the Exile (Nehemiah 11:13).
(6) A priest's son who played the trumpet in the procession when the wall was dedicated (Nehemiah 12:36).
A. L. Breslich
DISCLAIMER: Church of the Great God (CGG) provides these resources to aid the individual in studying the Bible. However, it is up to the individual to "prove all things, and hold fast to that which is good" (I Thessalonians 5:21). The content of these resources does not necessarily reflect the views of CGG. They are provided for information purposes only.