Strong's #4918: Mshullam (pronounced mesh-ool-lawm')
from 7999; allied; Meshullam, the name of seventeen Israelites:--Meshullam.
Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon:
Meshullam = "friend"
1) grandfather of Shaphan, the scribe
2) son of Zerubbabel
3) a Benjamite of the sons of Elpaal
4) a Benjamite, father of Sallu
5) a Benjamite who lived at Jerusalem after the captivity
6) a Benjamite
6a) perhaps the same as 3 or 4
7) a Gadite in the reign of king Jotham of Judah
8) son of Berechiah who assisted in rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem
9) son of Besodeiah who assisted Jehoiada the son of Paseah in restoring the old gate of Jerusalem
10) a chief of the people who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
11) father of Hilkiah and high priest probably in the reign of king Amon of Judah
11a) perhaps the same as ' Shallum'
12) a priest, son of Meshillemith or Meshillemoth, son of Immer, and ancestor of Maasiai or Amashai
13) a priest or family of priests who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
14) a priest, head of the family of Ginnethon and representative of the house of Ezra in the days of Joiakim, the son of Jeshua
15) a priest, one of the princes of Judah at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem
16) a Kohathite or family of Kohathite Levites in the reign of Josiah
17) a Levite, one of the heads sent to Iddo to gather the Levites to join the caravan about to return to Jerusalem; a chief man who assisted Ezra in abolishing the marriages which some of the people had made with foreign wives
18) ancestor of a family of porters or Levites in days of Nehemiah
19) a descendant of Bani who had a foreign wife and put her away
20) one of the men who stood at the left hand of Ezra when he read the law to the people
20a) maybe the same as 17
Part of Speech: noun proper masculine
Relation: from H7999
This word is used 25 times:
2 Kings 22:3: "Shaphan the son of Azaliah, the son of Meshullam, the scribe, to the house of the LORD,"
1 Chronicles 3:19: "and Shimei: and the sons of Zerubbabel; Meshullam, and Hananiah, and Shelomith their sister:"
1 Chronicles 5:13: "of the house of their fathers were, Michael, and Meshullam, and Sheba, and Jorai, and Jachan, and Zia,"
1 Chronicles 8:17: "And Zebadiah, and Meshullam, and Hezeki, and Heber,"
1 Chronicles 9:7: "of Benjamin; Sallu the son of Meshullam, the son of Hodaviah, the son of Hasenuah,"
1 Chronicles 9:8: "of Uzzi, the son of Michri, and Meshullam the son of Shephathiah, the son of Reuel,"
1 Chronicles 9:11: "the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth,"
1 Chronicles 9:12: "the son of Jahzerah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Meshillemith, the son of Immer;"
2 Chronicles 34:12: "the sons of Merari; and Zechariah and Meshullam, of the sons of the Kohathites, to set it forward;"
Ezra 8:16: "and for Elnathan, and for Nathan, and for Zechariah, and for Meshullam, chief men; also for Joiarib, and for Elnathan, men of understanding."
Ezra 10:15: "were employed about this matter: and Meshullam and Shabbethai the Levite helped"
Ezra 10:29: "And of the sons of Bani; Meshullam, Malluch, and Adaiah, Jashub, and Sheal,"
Nehemiah 3:4: "And next unto them repaired Meshullam the son of Berechiah, the son of Meshezabeel."
Nehemiah 3:6: "Jehoiada the son of Paseah, and Meshullam the son of Besodeiah; they laid the beams"
Nehemiah 3:30: "piece. After him repaired Meshullam the son of Berechiah over against his chamber."
Nehemiah 6:18: "Johanan had taken the daughter of Meshullam the son of Berechiah."
Nehemiah 8:4: "and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam."
Nehemiah 10:7: " Meshullam, Abijah, Mijamin,"
Nehemiah 10:20: "Magpiash, Meshullam, Hezir,"
Nehemiah 11:7: "of Benjamin; Sallu the son of Meshullam, the son of Joed, the son of Pedaiah,"
Nehemiah 11:11: "the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth,"
Nehemiah 12:13: "Of Ezra, Meshullam; of Amariah, Jehohanan;"
Nehemiah 12:16: "Of Iddo, Zechariah; of Ginnethon, Meshullam;"
Nehemiah 12:25: "Mattaniah, and Bakbukiah, Obadiah, Meshullam, Talmon, Akkub, were porters keeping"
Nehemiah 12:33: "And Azariah, Ezra, and Meshullam,"